We’re looking for an experienced Controller who can effectively and efficiently manage a team of five office technicians. Reporting directly to the President of Dynamic Machine, the successful candidate will provide day-to-day leadership for their staff by managing all activities pertaining to accounts payable and receivable, accounting and company financials, annual operating plans and budgets, and payroll / commission calculations. The goal is to serve our customers with the utmost care and support all Dynamic Machine staff.
- Review all AP invoices to ensure they are handled properly: in the right account, with appropriate taxes, discounts taken, and with correct approvals.
- Review all AR invoices to ensure they are handled properly: contain appropriate margins, taxes and are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all accounting information comes from each department in an appropriate manor (i.e. with correct approvals, PO’s are attached, freight is properly charged, etc).
- Ensure that all customers are greeted in a friendly and professional manner whether on the phone or in person, and their needs are accurately interpreted and fulfilled in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide leadership and guidance to each staff member within the team in their individual job activities, and as a collective team.
- Ensure that team goals are communicated, tracked, and reported on a regular basis to be able to achieve set goals.
- Prepare monthly commission statements and oversee payroll activities.
- Observe, coach and follow-up regularly with staff. Encourage decision making, personal growth and skill improvement, and provide technical assistance when it is appropriate.
- Communicate with staff often through regular meetings and personal interaction.
- Identify staff training needs. Ensure that staff are trained to an appropriate level on safety, company policies and procedures, and equipment used for their required duties.
- Develop, demonstrate, and promote teamwork and leadership.
- Review daily time sheets apply hours to work orders. Staffing levels should be reviewed periodically to ensure there is an adequate use of use of human resources.
- Perform hiring and performance evaluations for the department, taking disciplinary action if required.
- Plan and direct all functions of the department ensuring effective and efficient use of resources.
- Assist in setting financial and non-financial goals for individuals and for the department. Financial goals will include (but are not limited to) profitability, cost control and inventory turns. Non-financial goals will include (but are not limited to) customer service levels and interdepartmental cooperation.
- Assist in the preparation and achievement of annual budgets for the department/organization.
- As part of the Dynamic Machine Management Team, participate in regular manager meetings to oversee the coordination of office activities with other managers and their departments.
- Support corporate goals and provide the highest service levels expected by our customers, shareholders, and staff.
- Assist other departments to ensure all required functions are done efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company policies and procedures. Review, recommend, and implement change procedures and systems when required with the goal of promoting safety, customer service, operational efficiency, and profitability.
- Organize staff levels to ensure that workflow requirements are met.
- Facilitate the purchase of office materials.
- Ensure the department is clean and organized with minimal staff idle time.
- Prepare internal reports and other job-related duties as required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller or similar role
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience with direct staff
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to work with accounting software (Dynamic Machine uses Windward)
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all formats.
- Analytical skills, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Proficient use with PC workstation and Microsoft office products, especially excel
- Strong computer and technology skills
Considered an asset for hiring, but essential for job
- Knowledge of Dynamic Machine Corp
- Knowledge of all products, policies, and services (ie. basic knowledge of Machining, Hydraulic, and Compressor service operations)
To apply, submit your application in person or by email:
Dynamic Machine Corp
1407 Dugald Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba. R2J 0H3